Wednesday, February 22, 2012

be present

The current moment has a purpose.  The current trial, has a purpose.   When something is uncomfortable the last thing we seem to want to do is settle into it.  God doesn't work the way we do or the way we want Him to.

John 14:27 - "My peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled neither let them be afraid."

We need to be present in the current moment.   To fully engage in the current season instead of wasting it wishing for the next one to start.   Paul talked about being content with weakness in 2 Corinthians 12.  "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." (v. 9)  Just prior to this loving answer from the Lord, Paul argues and pleads with Him to remove this pain but recognizes that the pain is humbling him.  He uses the word "conceited" twice, in the same verse (7) to describe where his character is going.  Pride is so sneaky......but how much more clever is the Lord to know exactly what Paul needed in his life that would heal him from pride.   Paul learned to be content with weakness because "when I am weak, then I am strong." (v. 10)  

Sometimes it is not our bodies that need healing but something else, something deeper and our bodies are used to heal that other sickness.   Hurt, pride, holding on to anger, guilt.....any number of things that hold us back......God sees them and He alone knows how to truly heal them.

I was doing dishes and praying for a sick friend as all this came to mind.   I began to sing, as I often do while doing dishes or when I simply run out of words....  I realized that like couples have a song that they call "theirs", reflective of their love.....so do we.  Simple words.  Deep and true but ones that my heart can sing without any accompaniment.  I wondered if other people have a song with Him all their own....  Not just a favorite worship song but that one song that echoes your heart and pours out to Him as your deepest most humble, heartfelt praise.

Blessings of contentment to you, for settling in to His peace in the present moment,
the Mrs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. I appreciate the time and thought you've taken to leave your mark on this page.

May God bless your day!

{Any commercial links will be deleted.}