Monday, February 27, 2012

weigh in monday 17- I'll take what I can get

A -.4 isn't much but it's better than nothing!  Way better than a +, so I'll take it and be happy about it.

Moving back up the scale, when I was so close to the halfway mark I could taste it, is not fun.  Like anything though it is an opportunity for reflection.  Seeking out what was in my control and what wasn't.   What could I have done differently?  

If pain is making working out more difficult then I need to carefully monitor food, points, calories...whatever it takes.  Monitoring food seems like a full time job in and of itself.  Food is no longer fun.....I'm not saying that I never enjoy it or that what and how I eat is boring, bland or gross but the amount of work and thought that goes into it daily kinda sucks the fun out of "entertainment eating".  The "ooh lets go out" excitement is gone.  I eat nicer things at home than when I go out.  

Hmm....I don't like the negativity here.   Yes, it's real. Real is not always positive.  BUT the bigger reality is that there is always a choice in how we approach or perceive our circumstances.  My choice should be to seek out the blessing because that is just as real as any negative aspect BUT it is worth so much more.  

Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred.  
~Prov. 15:17

It's kind of a Daniel diet....I guess.  (Dan. 1:8-16) Daniel was better for it.  Stronger, healthier....this is blessing.  To eat only what the Lord made......how can that not be good!   

I'm not setting much in the way of a goal for myself right now.  I don't quite have this pain figured out.  It's better, not quite as bad as last week but muscles are still pressure sensitive and joints are still sore.  Again, not as bad though.  So my only goal is to seek Him.  He knows whats going on and why and I'll rest in that.

Blessings to you this week for peace, joy and a positive perspective in whatever circumstance you find yourself, 
the Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. I appreciate the time and thought you've taken to leave your mark on this page.

May God bless your day!

{Any commercial links will be deleted.}