Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring break and manly motivation

Spring break has been fabulous!  Mr took 3 days off this week so for 5 days we were a family of four.   I LOVE that.   We have laughed, shopped, watched movies, took down outdoor lights, tried to convince each other who should do the spring poo clean up, went to an art museum (with boyfriend in tow) and had a St Patty's day family gathering with friends which included a water fight - in MARCH.  That was crazy.

The Mr and I were back to making fat jokes and complaining about clothes.  We have both done horribly in the last several weeks.  Today he decided he needed a challenge....a motivation.   He is a golf NUT.  I mean he is crazy for it like a PMSing woman loves chocolate.  Yes, that's a lot.  So he was watching golf today after church and started lusting after the cool golf polo's.  Its funny what gets him excited....he is so laid back it's hard to get real excitement out of him but Golf does with ease.

There in lies the motivation for the challenge.....for every 5lbs he loses his reward is $30 to spend on golf clothes.  I tried to get excited about this.  I really did.  So we discussed reality, budget etc and I gave a wifely "whatever".  Then somehow he decided (guilty conscience?) that I should have the same offer but altered because I cannot possibly lose as fast as he does.  So he said $30 for every 3lbs.  "Think about it."

Official weigh in to start would be tomorrow.   Hmm......I've been telling myself that I do not want any reward until I can remove the 5lbs I put on over the last month or so that I've been struggling.  I certainly NEED the summer clothes.....and the motivation would be good....

Hmmm.....its the details I'm pondering.   3lbs seems awfully small to offer a reward for.....or is that the point?

I don't know what to do.
Any ideas?

Blessings of sunny spring time joy and energy to you, 
the Mrs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. I appreciate the time and thought you've taken to leave your mark on this page.

May God bless your day!

{Any commercial links will be deleted.}