Monday, March 12, 2012

weigh in monday 19 - grr arg

+.6   ugh.

We had a big dinner party on Saturday night.  There is a local brewery that Mr loves and he posed a challenge to others in love with this brew to attempt cooking anything they could come up with that was infused with any flavor of this beer.   And the people cheered.

For only 8 people - there was enough to feed an army!  Now granted I was responsible for nonalcoholic food, basically things that I could eat.   But baking does not equal weight loss.   I DID get on the treadmill almost every day though, so that is a step in the right direction.   But I can safely say that I did not drink anywhere near enough water the 2nd  half of the week.  Lots of mistakes were made.

I can safely say that I am way too easily influenced by my surroundings.  I am disappointed that I lost momentum somewhere along the line.....I had set expectations for myself that I would be WAY farther along by now.   I mean technically I should be leaping for joy, struggling for the finish line that was set to be ONE MONTH AWAY.  I'm not yet even to the halfway mark.  STILL.  I don't think that I set my expectations too high.....I think it was realistic.

Over the last few days as I've realized all this....I've been trying to contemplate what the deal is.  It's not the first time I've hit a certain spot and just settled into it.  An illness or reaction setting me back a bit is valid....but not for this long.  What I recognized was that each time I hit a familiar weight marker - a size/number that I clearly remember being at in the past - I seem to get stuck there for a while.   Not because I plateau in a physical way but something mental must happen.   I don't have it figured out but apparently for me, contentment along the way to my destination is a dangerous thing.

When I look in the mirror now, I don't see the absence of 25 lbs or any sort of WOW.  I have sat at this place long enough that my mind now just sees where I'm at and that it's still not where I want to be.  I no longer like the way my clothes fit and my hate for this jelly belly is steadily growing.   All things can be used for good though......

This needs to be used to fuel motivation.  Self discipline isn't my forte.   But we fall down so we can learn to get back up again, right Alfred? (Yes, that was a Batman reference)

It's spring break here this week. I have both kids home and my Mr has taken the last part of the week off so we can do something fun together.   Ahh.....timing.....you are soooo awesome.   Yep, this provides lots of challenges and temptations.   ....so do the leftover raspberry lemonade bars, the coconut banana nut bread and the container of ice cream for homemade shamrock shakes.....    DANGER Will Robinson! Danger!

Thankfully I do have lots of fruit and veg in the house....I just need to eat that instead! .....and stop eating the yummy sharp cheddar.....

What are you fighting this week to stay motivated and on track?  Do you have a game plan?

Ready? BREAK!  Lets go!

Blessings to you for motivation, the ability to say no and a desire to MOVE! :)
the Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. I appreciate the time and thought you've taken to leave your mark on this page.

May God bless your day!

{Any commercial links will be deleted.}