Friday, November 4, 2011

on track

just a quick note

I feel jazzed today.....not as in "jazz hands" though I'm in a mood where I would.

Third day in a row of getting my rear on the treadmill and doing a session of wii boxing.  In. A. Row. People. My house is suffering from my divided attention BUT my temple is thriving.

I'm already on my 3rd bottle of water - yep the detox stuff I posted yesterday - and I'm feeling energetic and motivated.

Why is it that after only a short time doing any sort of physical activity you suddenly feel like you are walkin around like superman?  "See my new muscles?"   I know the changes I feel are not visible yet but I'm glad that I feel motivated.  I've caught myself thinking that since I doubled my goal last week I want to bust that one out this week....or on the opposite end that if I don't reach 2lbs it's no biggie because last week was awesome.   BOTH ways of thinking are bad...I am trying to remind myself that last week is over.  The only goal I am to think about, consider, strive for is this weeks goal 2 lbs.  That's it.   No comparing or looking back or making excuses.  Only this week matters.  Eye on the prize!

The only prize I have in mind is to get rid of this gut and recognize myself in the mirror again.  Encouragement and striving forward to reach the goal is where my focus must lie.    And with that the Lord places this verse on my heart.....

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that isset before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.   ~Hebrews 12:1-2


Blessings of persevering energy to you, 
the Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. I appreciate the time and thought you've taken to leave your mark on this page.

May God bless your day!

{Any commercial links will be deleted.}